Friday, September 3, 2010

Day 196: Almost Famous

Deven and I went to the mall in Hamilton to look around. Just for fun, you know.
We noticed people standing in line for something and went to see what was going on.
Apparently there was going to be a meet and greet/autograph signing for some singer/musician we had never heard of. Every time we passed that area the crowd got bigger. At one point we were on the upper level looking down at all these people wondering who it could be that they were so excited about.
We decided to move on and got on the escalator. As we came down, all the people started cheering, screaming and taking pictures.
We were very confused.
"I bet you've never felt so special" Deven said to me, waving to the crowd.
Apparently this guy that everyone came to see was right in front of us on the escalator. So funny.
I did some research and discovered the guy was Johnny Reid, Canadian country music star.


I Still don't know who he is, but it was fun to share his spotlight!

3 comments:

  1. I told Hugh today about the airshow and how you had thought of him. As typical, he started crying. I love that man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. Thank you, Karen. He is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of him either. I would have been cheering and waving to you.

    ReplyDelete