Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 96: blah blah cottage blah

Wikipedia: A cottage located in Muskoka, Ontario, Canada. Author: pigdump via flickr.com.

Now that summer has "unofficially" begun, we are hearing more and more about cottages. It seems that with all these beautiful lakes around us, owning or renting a cottage is a key component to summer fun.
When I hear the word cottage, I think of Hansel and Gretel or Little Red Riding Hood.
In the US, I believe the term we would use is beach house or summer home.
In Utah, people have cabins. You can probably liken a cottage to a houseboat on Lake Powell; sort of a base camp for recreational activities on the lake.
I think to truly appreciate Canadian culture, we definitely need to get in on this.



leisuregallery.ca/images/168.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Get on that! How great to lounge on the waterfront.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! Get on that! I'll be up the 2nd week in August with Marsha. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my parents' neck of the woods (Wisconsin) they call them cottages, but then that's pretty close to Canada so maybe that's not surprising.

    My parents live near a summer resort town. The locals call the vacationers "the cottage crowd". I hope you get to be one of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getcha one! Then we will REALLY come visit. :)

    ReplyDelete