Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 13: Pardon my French

Yesterday at school, one of Ethan's classmates got hurt at recess. Some of the other kids laughed and started kicking the boy while he was on the ground.

The boy (who is Ethan's partner in class) yelled at Ethan:

"Go get a f***ing teacher, you little f***er!!"


Now, I know that outside of Happy Valley, people swear. Whatever.
But 4th graders? I have heard them playing outside here, just cussing up a storm.

Poor Beefie. It was funny and sad at the same time to hear him tell it.

Funny because it reminded me of the movie 'A Christmas Story' when Ralphie beats the bully up and says all the bad words he has ever heard his Dad say.

Sad because I don't think anyone has ever directed that word at him before. Sure, at our house we jokingly throw around freaking, fetching, and flipping. Occasionally I let slip a D word, H word or sometimes an A word. Never the F word though.

Sad that my sweet baby has to grow up. Sad that he has to have these experiences to figure out who he is and what is right.

2 comments:

  1. Poor guy. What an initiation, huh? Maybe earplugs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good stuff, very funny. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete