Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 33: Blue skies

























Today Parrot and I decided to take advantage of the beautiful day and go for a walk. The weather has been a lot like the weather in Utah - sunshine one day and snow the next.
I forget that the streets here are not on a grid system. They twist and curve subtly. We merrily walked until we had no idea where we were.
Also I have not found a way to orient myself as to what direction I'm going. In Utah the mountains are east and the lakes are west. Once I get turned around here, forget about it. The one thing I do know is that our little area is bordered by an almost perfect square of major roads - Powerline is north, Fairview is south, Park is east and King George is west. As long as I'm in that square, I should be fine, right?
Well I realize now that when walking, this "little area" is bigger than I think. Poor Parrot is usually only good for about 20-30 minutes of walk-time. After that I'm practically dragging him along. It's embarrassing. We probably took a 2 hour walk  That includes time spent letting Parrot rest, sprawled out like he just ran a marathon.

Maybe he just needs some caffeine?

3 comments:

  1. THAT was one of the funniest entries and I love the picture of Parrot snuffling the Timmies cup. I can just see the poor puppy now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up without a street grid system. And without mountains to orient direction. It takes some getting used to. I'm glad you figured it out and found your way back to your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete