Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 35: Oh yes we did

 
The other night, the girls and I attended an activity for the young women at church.
I decided we should treat ourselves to some hot chocolate after.

A funny thing happened in Tim Hortons.
(It smells lovely inside, by the way)

Me: I'd like three small hot chocolates please.
Teenage employee: That'll be $3.79.
I hand over my Visa debit card.
Teenage employee: Oh, I'm sorry. We don't take Visa. Only MasterCard or Timmie(?)Cards
I've got $2 cash in my purse. I glance at the menu board and notice that an Extra Large hot chocolate is something like $1.25.
Me: I guess we'll just have an Extra Large.
Teenage employee: Do you want three small cups with it?

So I got what I ordered in the first place, but paid less...you tell me if that makes any sense at all

3 comments:

  1. Interesting math up there in Canada. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it means saving over 2 bucks on hot chocolate, it makes sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! You should find out what other vendors charge less for more depending on the way you order. :)

    ReplyDelete