Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 40: Doubloonies!

This is a picture of the $15 in change that the Walmart lady handed me today. There were some pennies and nickles in there too, but it's the dollars that irk me.

That does not seem like it should equal $15. I'm looking in my hand, looking at the lady, looking at my receipt. She's looking at me, smiling encouragingly and telling me to have a nice day. 
Canadians are so polite. 
I dump it all into my purse, and jangle out of the store feeling like a pirate loaded with doubloons.





And can you believe this? Yay Starbucks!

2 comments:

  1. Starbucks! And those heavy coins really got me mixed up in England too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Susan B Anthony dollar thing was kind of a crash and burn situation around here, if memory serves. We like our money light.

    BTW, $89.96 seems a little pricey for a cup of coffee, but okay.

    ReplyDelete